ARTISAN | VEGAN | MINIMAL WASTE
The MOOD Bourbon - Rose Gradient Bio Lens is a geometric square aviator with key hole brow detail in a base 6 curve for ultimate sun protection, style and comfort.
Hand crafted frames made from organic Acetate, complimented with innovative plant based Polarised bio lenses.
Biodegradable, recyclable, and compostable.
- Square aviator style | Base 6 Lens Curve
- Lens category 2 | Good UV Protection
- Rose Gradient Plant Based Polarised Bio Lens – anti scratch, lightweight, superior viewing
- RX Optometry Prescription Lens compatible
- Organic Bio-Acetate frames manufactured from organic compounds of wood & cotton pulp fibres.
- Five barrel stainless steel hinges | strong non corrosive
- Fold Away Hard Case Inclusive
- Lens width – 61mm
- Distance btw lenses - 12mm
- Temple length - 145mm
About The Brand
CHILDE is an Australian brand, creating premium handmade eco-sensitive Italian eyewear inspired by artists, musicians and activists. Independently owned and located in Byron Bay, it was founded in 2018 by Jon Laurenson while living in Portugal and being inspired by friend and renowned local Lisbon artist Mario Belem.
Channelling a sense of primal wonder, CHILDE is punk sensibility fuelled by design expression of raw energy, freedom of speech and environmentally sensitive manufacturing principles.
The CHILDE Handmade Bio-Acetate eyewear collection is crafted from the best Mazzucchelli M49 Bio-Acetate, hand-crafted and designed to protect your eyes for a lifetime. M49 bio-acetate is made from organic compounds of wood and cotton pulp fibres. Built to last a lifetime as eyewear but is also eco-friendly, bio-degradable and recyclable.
Their CHILDE WiLDe collection of plant-based Sunglasses frames are made from a plant-based grilamid polymer made from 61% renewable resources. This polymer is petrochemical free and dramatically reduces carbon emissions.
Shipping + Returns
Ships from: Australia.
Australian Shipping: Nash + Banks charges a Flat Rate of $10 per Order Australia-wide. Free Australian Shipping is available for orders over $150.
International Shipping: $25 to the rest of the world.
Delivery Time Frames: 1 - 3 working days within Australia,
3 - 7 working days to the rest of the world.
We are pretty confident that you'll love this product but if you are not satisfied with your purchase, we are happy to process a refund for the items as long as we are notified within 14 days of you receiving the goods subject to the conditions set out in our Returns Policy - please read here.
- Childe for Life 12 month free lens replacement
- 12 month frame warranty for defective products
- Read full warranty policy here
The CHILDE eyewear collection is designed in Byron Bay and hand made in Italy by boutique, family-owned, optical manufacturers.
The Italians are renowned for their craft engineering. Tooling eyewear has been a specialty over the past millennium. The Italian culture and design combined with Childe Eyewear's Australian style and passion for music and art provide the recipe for Childe Eyewear.
They have worked with their design and manufacturing team across 3 global brands over the last 25 years. This experience and knowledge has defined their creative design concepts to deliver sunglass products featuring unique and classic style with exceptional fit and comfort at premium Italian quality.
Childe Eyewear's new Childe Aquatic Polarised Bio Eyewear collection is eco-considered, bio-acetate and plant based Polarised eyewear to enhance your view on an oceanic lifestyle. Each frame is crafted meticulously by hand, using a world-class Organic Bio-Acetate, complimented with an innovative blant-based Polarised bio-lens.
Childe considers the environment by using eco-friendly, sustainable materials and eco-sensitive production processes wherever they can.
The Poly Bags Childe Eyewear use for their shipping packaging are by Better Packaging Co. This is a bio-degradable home compostable bag. In consideration to the environment, they do not create extra packaging, excess waste or unnecessary plastic for or within their packaging.
Their sunglass socks or pouches are made from recycled PET plastic bottles. These pouches are also great for cleaning your glasses. Use clean water only and do not add sand :)
Their sunglass cardboard boxes can be recycled. They only print with plant-based inks on the packaging boxes so no petroleum inks are used by CHILDE. Any plastic used in their packaging is compostable.
We want your Childe eyewear ("CHILDE") to be with you through thick and thin, the ups and downs and all the rock n roll in between...
So we've pulled together a few tips to follow to extend the life of your CHILDE so we keep you looking your best.
Life is thrilling but you gotta be a little compassionate with your favourite CHILDE:
- Keep your CHILDE safe between gigs in the eyewear case provided.
- Take care not to over-extend the armbands when putting on your eyewear.
- Twirling your CHILDE in a wave of excitement is not recommended.
- Nibbling on your temple tips is also not recommended.
- Don't drop, throw or stand on your CHILDE.
- Do not rest or place your CHILDE face down resting on the lenses.
- Please do not leave your CHILDE on the dash of a hot car, or in temperatures that exceed 50 ˚c / 105 ˚f.
- Crusty tees or saltwater are not recommended for cleaning.
- We advise cleaning your lenses with the cleaning cloth provided and a gentle lens solution.
- Keep rock'n'rollin' and always love your CHILDE.