MINIMAL WASTE | GIVES BACK
Ladies and gents, we get it - reducing your waste in the bathroom can be hard! It's almost overwhelming having to sift through the excessive number of plastic wrapped, single-use beauty and bathroom products on your journey towards a less wasteful lifestyle.
Well, Kappi have got your Zero Waste Bathroom Essentials covered. Starting with the basics, reusable safety razors and bamboo toothbrushes - two of the largest contributors to disposable, non-recyclable plastic waste in the bathroom.]
Get yourself started with a year's worth of toothbrushes and their beautiful safety razor for waste-free, silky-smooth shaves that are guaranteed to reduce ingrowns.
Or, if you're feeling generous, add an additional razor to the bundle for that special someone in your life and save 10% off RRP.
- 1x Reusable Safety Razor (colour of your choice)
- 10x Replacement razor blades
- 4x Bamboo Toothbrushes
- 2 x Reusable Safety Razor (colours of your choice)
- 20 x Replacement razor blades
- 4 x Bamboo Toothbrushes
How do I replace the blades?
Check out Kappi's how-to here (Matte Gold used in video).
How to use your new Safety Razor:
- Unpack your safety razor.
- With dry hands, hold onto either side of the razor head and unscrew the handle anti-clockwise to loosen. The base will disconnect from the head.
- Once the razor is disassembled, carefully unwrap the blade and place it onto the head of the razor.
- After the blade is in place, reassemble the razor by screwing the handle clockwise to tighten.
- Get shaving! For a smooth shave, we recommend soaking your skin with warm water, using a shave cream/gel/oil (or bar of soap) and take it slow! Be especially careful when shaving around ankles, knees etc. Use your razor on an angle (different for different areas) and apply very little to zero pressure.
- Once the blade begins to dull, replace your blade and put your used blade in a glass jar to store and eventually recycle.
Why Switch to Safety Razors?
In the US alone, it is estimated that over 2-billion razor blade heads are thrown out every year. What makes this statistic even worse is that modern shaving cartridges are constructed of so much rubber and plastic that they cannot be recycled. So while you're enjoying the smoothest, irritation free shave of your life, rest easy knowing that you're not contributing to this statistic.
How do Safety Razors prevent ingrowns?
Modern multi-blade razors cause ingrowns by tugging and pulling at your hair before eventually cutting the hair follicle below the skin level. As the hair regrows, many of the hair follicles become ingrowns. Not so with safety razors which glide smoothly over your skin and cut the hair follicles at the skin level, ensuring you have the smoothest shave of your life - without the ingrowns!
Safety Razor vs. Modern Razor - A cost comparison.
The cost of Kappi's safety razors is truly a reflection of their quality. The genius of modern day shaving companies is that they make a loss on the shaver handle and make a HUGE profit on the replacement blades. So while modern razors blades seem cheap by comparison, over time they end up costing you big time. Compared to modern multi-blade cartridge heads costing around $3 per head, the Kappi safety razor uses traditional double-sided razor blades that only cost around 20-cents - around 15 times cheaper than the modern equivalent.
Where can I buy replacement blades?
We sell blades online here or you can buy blades online - simply Google 'double edge safety razor blades' or better yet use Ecosia - the search engine that plants trees!
Are Bamboo Toothbrushes Biodegradable and Home Compostable?
The handle is yes! See below for info on the bristles.
Are bamboo toothbrush bristles biodegradable?
There are currently three types of bristles used in bamboo toothbrushes - Nylon, Boar and Biodegradable Vegan bristles.
- Boar (pig) bristles are 100% biodegradable, however they're often obtained as by-products of the Chinese meat market and can pose serious ethical questions regarding treatment of animals.
- Biodegradable vegan bristles are made from derivatives of castor oil. They are 100% biodegradable, however the bristles start breaking down within 10-14 days of use making them poor value for customers.
- Nylon bristles. After much research and sample testing, Kappi opted for Nylon bristles for their durability and value. We recommend snapping the head off your old toothbrush when it's time to change.
About The Brand
In 2017, Emily and Fred Carlstrom, two self-confessed partners in crime, identified a need for reusable alternatives to single-use plastics. They wanted things that were beautifully designed, effortlessly functional, and reasonably priced, while also taking care to preserve our natural reserve. And so, Kappi was born.
Since then, they have created a range of products that make it easier to replace everyday single-use plastics with affordable, functionally designed and stylish alternatives.
Kappi are passionate about spreading the zero-waste message. They've created the products you need to help minimise everyday waste!
Shipping + Returns
Ships from: Australia
Australian Shipping: Nash + Banks charges a Flat Rate of $10 per Order Australia-wide. Free Australian Shipping is available for orders over $150.
International Shipping: $15 to the rest of the world (free for orders over $200).
Delivery Time Frames: Typically 2-6 business days within Australia,
up to 15 business days to the rest of the world
We are pretty confident that you'll love this product but if you are not satisfied with your purchase, we are happy to process a refund for the items as long as we are notified within 14 days of you receiving the goods subject to the conditions set out in our Returns Policy - please read here.
Kappi offer a 12-month warranty on all of their products! If you have received a faulty product, they will simply replace it for you as they believe in the quality and durability of their products. Please get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide photo/video evidence of your product’s fault so we can assist you to the best of our ability.
Kappi have taken great care to eliminate as much plastic and waste from their supply and logistics chain as possible. One of their main successes to date includes ensuring products come to them wrapped in recycled paper and reused newspaper rather than individually packaged in plastic bags. They then reuse this paper packaging as padding when they ship out their products to customers. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
Their products are as durable as they are beautiful. They believe in providing customers with a product that will stand the test of time.
Kappi is incredibly proud to be a member of the 1% for the Planet global network. They have committed to donating 1% of total sales to approved nonprofit partners each year, with 100% of contributions going directly to the partners of their choosing. The gang at Kappi HQ chose to join the 1% for the Planet movement as its nonprofit partners focus solely on finding solutions to some of the worst environmental issues facing the planet today.